In the past week, major works were conducted at the Church of Saint Nektarios in Dianella. With the Grace of God and the blessing of Archbishop Makarios of Australia:
- New Axminster carpets have been laid throughout the entire church. Thanks very much to the two anonymous families that donated $10 000 each. The remaining funds were collected from the 2021 Church Raffle. Thanks to everyone who supported this fundraising event. The 2022 Church Raffle will be launched in August as we still have lots of work to action on the external church building.
- New double wooden doors were installed at the entrance of the church. These replaced the old ones that were recently damaged by intruders. The three other external doors on the bottom level of the church were also changed a few weeks ago. The door on the northern side of the church building was converted to an emergency fire door which now meets the Health Public Building Regulation Standards.
- A very detailed clean was conducted throughout the entire church including the cleaning of the icons such as the Platytera on the eastern side wall high above the sanctuary and the icons on the iconostasis. A commercial cleaning team consisting of 5 people offered their services free of charge. A big thank-you to Bill and Ioana and their energetic team for their outstanding cleaning services.
- A huge thank-you to the 30 young men who volunteered their time in removing and replacing all the pews and church furniture before and after the church carpet was laid. This was a huge task and we appreciate all these volunteers for their willingness to assist.
- The order for the new church furniture has been placed and will be arriving from Greece this year. On behalf of Bishop Elpidios of Kyanea and parish priest, Fr John Athanasiou, we would like to thank everyone for their ongoing love and support of the Church of St Nektarios.