An official statement was issued by Metropolitan Cleopas of Sweden regarding the announcements that have been circulating on social media lately, according to which the faithful are asked to send the names of their relatives for commemoration, but at the same time, a Swish number appears for depositing money.
In particular, Metropolitan Cleopas of Sweden stated in his announcement:
Dear parishioners of the Holy Trinity Gothenburg and Christians of the Holy Metropolis of Sweden and All Scandinavia.
We are informed that lately, various announcements have been circulating on various social media, from which you are asked to send the names of your relatives for commemoration, but at the same time, a Swish number for depositing money also appears. Having the pastoral responsibility of this Province and the obligation to protect you from such invitations that have nothing to do with the Holy Trinity Parish of Gothenburg, I remind you the following:
- The Holy Trinity Parish of Gothenburg does not currently have a Swish number. Therefore, those of you who have deposited money in a Swish number, which has been posted in various announcements, should be aware that your money does not go to the parish!
- The postal address of the parish is not the one circulating in the various media, but the following: Sehlstedgatan 10, 417 20 Göteborg.
- The official Facebook page of the parish is: Gothenburg Holy Trinity Parish https://www.facebook.com/%CE%95%CE%BD%CE%BF%CF%81%CE%AF%CE%B1-%CE % 91% CE% B3% CE% AF% CE% B1% CF% 82-% CE% A4% CF% 81% CE% B9% CE% AC% CE% B4% CE% BF% CF% 82-% CE % 93% CE% BA% CE% AD% CF% 84% CE% B5% CE% BC% CF% 80% CE% BF% CF% 81% CE% B3% CE% BA-104843651687239 /
- You can contact the parish by phone at 0046-73-5429745 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From March 8, 2021, when his canonical secondment from the First Synod of the Church of Greece has ended, Protopresbyter Petros Moralis does not serve in the Holy Diocese of Sweden and has absolutely nothing to do with it.
On the occasion of this communication, I would like to assure you that, until a regular pastor is found, the Holy Diocese will continue to send, in turn, its clergy to meet your liturgical and spiritual needs.
Thank you for your participation in the ecclesiastical services and for your interest in the progress of our parish in Gothenburg.
With love in the Lord and heartfelt paternal wishes for a good summer,
+ Metropolitan Cleopas of Sweden