The Holy Metropolis of Austria, via its announcement, informed the interested parties that during the period of imposition of the restrictive measures against COVID-19 (December 28, 2020 – January 17, 2021) the following instructions will be observed in all parishes and all Holy Temples of the Holy Metropolis of Austria:
- Observance of the hygiene rules in force today.
- Performance of the Divine Liturgy according to the liturgical program but without attendance of believers.
- The smallest possible number of persons will attend the Holy Temples.
- Orthros and Divine Liturgy will be broadcasted live on Sunday, from the YouTube channel of the Holy Diocese of Austria at 8 p.m. Christians are called to watch and pray from home.
- The Holy Temples will remain open for the faithful after the end of the Holy Services, for personal prayer and spiritual guidance. The hygiene measures apply in the temples as well.
- Holy Sacraments of Baptism and Marriage will not be performed.
- Fifty (50) persons are allowed to attend the Holy Funeral Service, observing the rules of hygiene.
Metropolitan Arsenios of Austria urged the faithful to intensify their prayers to the Triune God for the restoration of the health of the sick and the strengthening of the doctors, the nursing staff and all our fellow humans. The Metropolitan of Austria called on all faithful to continue to pray together every night at 20.00, so that, despite the distance, we remain united again during this difficult period of restrictions. He also assured the faithful that the Church will be supplicating daily to the Lord; the Priests will perform the Holy Services and will pray before the Holy Icons and the Holy Relics for the salvation of the people and the end of the pandemic. “Let the prayer of the faithful be raised as incense before God from their homes, so that with His help the joint efforts may succeed and the new challenges of the times may be successfully met once again”, stressed Metropolitan Arsenios.