The decision made by the Greek Community of Alexandria to completely renovate the Church of the Taxiarches marked the opening of a new chapter in the centuries-old history of the temple, which was founded 111 years ago, in 1908, in the neighbour of Alexandria, called El Ibrahimiya.
Thus, the Greek Community of Alexandria, at the instigation of Patriarch Theodore II of Alexandria, has already begun the renovation work.
It is noted that the Church of the Taxiarches of El Ibrahimiya, Alexandria, is adjacent to the buildings that until a few decades ago housed the Kokkinareios School, the Pratsikeios School and the Davarakeios School.
The temple keeps its current form since 1935. Today, the temple hosts several Alexandrian believers every Sunday, despite the shrinking community population.