A call to all European citizens is addressed by the Representatives of the Orthodox Churches to the European Union (CROCEU) for the future of the European Union on the occasion of the European elections.
CROCEU urges all European citizens to exercise their civil right to vote, so that through their elected representatives, they will be able to participate in:
• Strengthening the open, transparent and regular dialogue between Citizens and European Institutions.
• Those policies that invest in society over time.
• Human Rights Strategies based on the dignity of the Human Person.
• Education strategies that lead to democratic education and intercultural competences of the citizens.
• A common responsibility for the reception and social integration of refugees, migrants and asylum seekers.
• An environmental policy that respects the Creation of God and is based on an innovative, circular economy, thus providing a firm ground humanity for a sustainable future of humankind where growth will not deplete natural resources.
“It is of capital importance to have the widest participation possible in the exercise of this democratic right. It is essential for all European citizens to cast their vote on the Election Days in May, for our future is in our hands,” they say.