Saint Nikolaj Velimirović
One of your colleagues constantly repeats: “There is no God!” And you feel like he is beating you with a whip. And you are anxious about his soul and life. And you think straight.
If the Living and Almighty God does not exist and if He is not stronger than death, then death is the sole ruler. And every living being is but a sidekick of death. A mouse in the cat’s mouth.
Once, opposing him, you told him, “God exists. He doesn’t exist for you.” And you weren’t wrong. For those who are cut off from the Eternal and Life-giving God here on earth are cut off from real life too.
So, neither here nor in afterlife they will taste the greatness of God and His creation. Better not to be born, than to be cut off from God.
If I were in your shoes, I would say to him:
– You’re wrong, my friend! It would be better if you said, “I have no God”. Because you can see that there are so many people around you who believe in God and therefore, they proclaim that God exists. So, do not say, “There is no God”! Restrict yourself to say, “I have no God”!
– You’re wrong! You sound like the sick, who says that there is no health!
– You’re wrong! You sound like a blind man who says: “There is no light in the world.” But there is light. And it is diffused everywhere. This unhappy person has no light. And he would speak correctly if he said: “I have no eyes and I do not see the light.”
– You’re wrong! You sound like the beggar, who says: “There is no gold on earth.” But there is gold! And there is on earth! And inside the earth! He is the one who has no gold! He would rather say: “I am the one who have no gold”!
– You’re wrong! You sound like the wicked person who says: “There is no goodness in the world.” While he had better say: “I am the one without any trace of goodness in me”.
That’s what you should say to him: Fellow, you are wrong! You’re wrong proclaiming that there is no God! When there is something you don’t have and something you don’t know, it doesn’t mean that there is nowhere, and no one has it!
Who gave you the right to speak on behalf of the whole world? Who gave you the right to declare that all the people carry your sickness? That everyone shares your own illusion?
You cry that there is no God! You proclaim it all over the world! You fight the truth!
There are few people who do not want to live with God. But God exists for them too! He awaits them. Until their last breath on earth!
Unless they do care to repent, at least in their last moment, God will cease to exist for them in the afterlife. And he will erase them from the book of life.
So, please, tell him, my friend. For the sake of your soul. For heavenly goods. For the tears that Christ shed and the wounds inflicted on Him for all of us.
Change your mind! Repent! Improve your conduct! And return to our Church…!!!