The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, in partnership with the National Council of Churches, the Graymoor Ecumenical & Interreligious Institute, and the Ecclesiological Investigations Network will be hosting a webinar on “Ecumenical Readings of ‘For the Life of the World’ on April 21, 2021, at 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM EST.
The webinar will focus on questions such as: What does the document bring to the table in order to facilitate cooperation in terms of meeting the ethical challenges faced in local contexts by others who dwell in those contexts? And in what ways might it fall short of the “expansive theological dialogue” with other traditions that it attempts to conjoin with the “spiritual growth of the Orthodox faithful” in pursuit of social justice and sustainable peace worldwide?
- Nicolas Kazarian, Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
- Aaron Hollander, Graymoor Ecumenical and Interreligious Institute
- James Skedros, Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology
- Bishop W. Darin Moore, African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- Barbara Hallensleben, University of Fribourg
- Margaret Rose, The Episcopal Church
- Antonios Kireopoulos, National Council of Churches USA
The event is free and open to all. Register here: https://goarch.zoom.us/…/regi…/WN_wvI5LlraSaeZlpygQ5HEFA