The Central Greece Region Governor, Fanis Spanos, announced the immediate placement of a prefabricated church to perform the Divine Liturgies until the church of Panagia Varnakova, which was destroyed, is fully restored.
Spanos mentions in a statement:
The historic Holy Monastery of Varnakova was catastrophically struck for the secong time last night. Daylight revealed the magnitude of the fire in the new Temple, while we were saddened to learn of the destruction of the holy icon.
We are here to launch the following day.
– We accelerate the restoration study of the cells and the katholikon from the first fire.
– We open a firebreak around the Temple in the forest.
– We are planning active fire protection of the Temple.
– We provide a prefabricated temple for the performance of the Divine Liturgies.
– We are investigating the exact causes of the fire. Our goal is the rapid and perfect restoration of an important landmark of Culture and Orthodoxy.