On Wednesday, September 7, 2022, the Holy and Sacred Synod of the Patriarchate of Jerusalem convened in its regular session under the Presidency of Patriarch Theophilos III of Jerusalem.
In this session, the Holy and Sacred Synod examined various matters of the Patriarchate, such as the feasts related to the Dormition, the communication of Churches, pilgrimages and others and made the following decisions:
1) Appointed Archimandrite Benedictos Kayal as Hegoumen of the Holy Pilgrimage in Cana of Galilee.
2) Accepted the resignation of the Economos Fr Saleh Khouri from his duties as Dean Priest of the Sakhin Community of the Acre region.
3) Accepted the application for the inclusion of Hieromonk Porphyrios from the Monastery of Saint Gregory in Mount Athos in the Hagiotaphite Brotherhood.
4) Appointed Archimandrite Ananias as a substitute member of the Ecclesiastical Court of First Instance of Jerusalem.
5) Was informed by the Most Reverend Archbishop Christophoros of Kyriakoupolis about the educational activity of the Patriarchate in Karak, Jordan.
6) Praised the Most Reverend Archbishop Philoumenos of Pella for receiving a Postgraduate Diploma in Community Psychology from the University of Birzet.
Source: Patriarchate of Jerusalem